Working out at home can provide several benefits, including:
- Convenience: You can exercise whenever you want, without having to travel to a gym or fitness center.
- Cost savings: You can save money on gym memberships and expensive equipment.
- Privacy: Some people may feel more comfortable working out in their own homes, rather than in a public gym.
- Flexibility: You can design your workout routine and switch it up more quickly than if you were locked into a gym's schedule.
- Variety: You can use bodyweight exercises, resistance bands, dumbbells, or a combination of different equipment to get a full-body workout.
Can you still get a quality workout at home?
Yes, you can still get a quality workout at home. With the right mindset, equipment, and proper guidance, you can achieve your fitness goals. Luckily, your Circolo Mirror can help you provide it all! You can use bodyweight exercises, resistance bands, dumbbells, or other equipment to work out all major muscle groups.
There are also a variety of resources on the Circolo Mirror such as workout videos and Zoom to meet with virtual personal trainers. It's important to note that a good workout routine should include cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and stretching. It's also recommended to vary the exercises and intensity to prevent boredom and injury, and to consult a doctor or qualified trainer before starting any new exercise program, especially if you have any health concerns.
How effective is virtual personal training?
Virtual personal training can be an effective way to achieve your fitness goals, as long as you have the right expectations and find a qualified trainer who can create a personalized workout plan for you.
Virtual personal trainers can provide similar benefits to in-person trainers, such as:
- Creating a customized workout plan based on your goals and fitness level
- Giving you feedback and adjustments to your form and technique
- Holding you accountable and providing motivation
- Assessing progress and making adjustments to your plan as needed
Virtual personal training can be a great option for people who have busy schedules, live in remote areas, or have mobility issues that make it difficult to get to a gym. Additionally, virtual personal training can also be more cost-effective than in-person training.
It's recommended that you research and communicate with the virtual personal trainer to make sure they have the necessary qualifications and experience, and are a good fit for you. Visit our Circolo Partners page to get in touch with any of our partners!
Liguori, G., Fauerbach, J., & Spence, J. C. (2021). The effectiveness of virtual personal training on exercise adherence and fitness outcomes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Sports Sciences, 39(9), 951-962. doi: 10.1080/02640414.2020.1849838